Which Is Better Whiteboard Animation Software Toonly vs doodly vs VideoScribe vs Powtoon:
The current tech savvy age has pushed so many creators towards visual representation of ideas and thoughts. This definitely makes it more engaging for the audience. Regardless of the industry you belong to, putting forth your point through the medium of videos makes it much more convenient for the audience to grasp. It is undoubtedly true that incorporating videos in a business will attract more customers thereby leading to increased conversion.
Doodly software is one of the most popular softwares when it comes to various whiteboard animation softwares that are available. However, there are plenty of softwares tools that create doodle sketches such as Toonly, Powtoon, and Videoscribe.
In this article we make it easier for you if you are confused about which one to use. We present a comparison of Doodly with other whiteboard animation softwares to help you decide which works best for you.
Doodly is a best animation software comparison then any other whiteboard animation softwares that comes with a drag and drop interface that helps in creating sketches. What makes Doodly stand out is its easy-to-use interface especially for beginners. Doodly has hundreds of images stored in its library. These images belong to various topics and make it easier for you to create videos. Also, you can upload your own image if you don’t wish to use it.
We have done a detailed review of the Doodly software that you can find here.
- Doodly offers 200 different characters, each of which have 20 different poses. It also offers 20 background scenes along with a wide selection of assets and props.
- Besides whiteboard, there are 3 types of backgrounds on which you can create videos. There is a chalkboard, glassboard and greenboard.
- You can select from 13 cartoon hand styles and 15 real hand styles.
- It offers 2 slots for soundtracks – voiceover & background music and you can choose the desired soundtrack for your video.
- Doodly offers a quite simple interface and you don’t need to have a lot of technical knowledge for creating a doodle sketch.
- You can select the frame rate, resolution, quality and destination to share your videos. You can export videos in different resolutions such as 480p-1080p as well as file size from 24-60 fps.
- Doodly software allows you to work offline too.
Toonly is another excellent tool for creating animated explainer videos and is considered a subset of Doodly. These animation softwares is packed with tons of features and attributes besides whiteboard and arm. The easy-to-use and intuitive interface lets you create enjoyable videos just with a simple drag and drop feature.
It offers pre-set scenes that are a combination of a background and a character in one package. You simply have to add dialogues and motions to it. These premade scenes are used for different fields.
One drawback of Toonly is that it doesn’t offer an auto-save option to its users. This means you will have to continue saving your work while you work or else you might lose what you have created.
- Toonly offers a variety of props and backgrounds as well as characters. So, there is something for everyone whether you are a B2B or B2C content creator.
- Toonly doesn’t offer stock photos and all its pictures are custom-designed by their in-house graphic designing team. It offers 510 characters images along with 30 characters each of which has 17 different poses.
- With Toonly, you get 81 different backgrounds as well as scenes, along with thousands of props covering a vast selection of topics.
- It lets you record your own custom voiceover audiotrack which can be easily synced with your Toonly video in just a single click. Besides, you can also upload a professional voiceover too.
- There are up to 100 royalty-free audio tracks available which you can drag and drop to your video.
- The 30-day money back guarantee allows you to try these animation softwares without any compulsion of using it further.
- You can upload your videos to other devices as well and export to different social media platforms or even your own website.
Doodly vs Toonly – Comparison
Now the question arises what is better – Doodly or Toonly? There are many differences between the two, but the main difference lies in its usage. If you want to create a whiteboard animation, you will need Doodly whiteboard animation softwares. If you wish to create a simple explainer video, Toonly works best for it.
Both the softwares are capable enough to create engaging animations while it also helps you save a lot of time and money. If you ask a digital company to create a video for you, you will have to pay a substantial amount. These simple softwares allow you to create attractive videos in a very short duration of time.
Additionally, you won’t have to worry about the technical know-how for using such softwares as these are quite simple to use. This means that you don’t require any special coding or animation skills for using it.
Let us compare Doodly and Toonly on the basis of few important parameters such as user interface, versatility, etc.
Talking about the interface, both the softwares have drag and drop feature which makes it quite convenient to use it. Not only this, there are a number of online tutorials to guide you if you are a beginner. Despite all this, Toonly is a little dynamic and it may take a little while to fully understand how it works. So, we can conclude that Doodly offers a better user experience.
Versatility is another huge factor that distinguishes both the animation softwares. Doodly conveys the ideas of the creator with a simple illustration but your characters don’t come alive. The user is required to add a powerful narration as well as graphics in their video in order to make it attractive for the audience.
On the other hand, Toonly is quite versatile when it comes to storytelling. You don’t have to fully rely on the narration while creating a video with Toonly.
The third most important parameter is the Usage of both Toonly and Doodly. Doodly is widely used in the educational sector while Toonly works excellent for civilizing a brand or product.
Doodly is a great choice for launching new products and promoting them. A doodle sketch gives a chance to the audience to filter the information from what they grasp from it.
Toonly is used to create cartoon videos and the characters have built-in actions. This means you can express the character’s emotions. An explainer cartoon made with Toonly also entertains the audience. This makes it a great choice to make the viewer understand your point.
Videoscribe is another widely used software used for creating whiteboard animations. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac. Videoscribe is a quick and easy way to create captivating video content and is highly used by YouTubers, educators, designers, marketers, and the like. If you are a beginner, all you need to do is use its free trial.
Launched in 2012 by a company named Sparkol, Videoscribe currently has above 2 million users worldwide. Not to mention, it is used in around 180 countries across the globe. In 2013, its iPad app was awarded as the Best Mobile/Tablet B2B App at MOMA awards.
Videoscribe videos work well for attracting your target audience regardless of their location or the industry they belong to. As an explainer video is more effective than a classic talking head video in conveying the ideas or message to the audience.
The desktop version of Videoscribe is packed with additional features. You can sign up for the 7-day free trial. You also receive emails for tutorials, tips and other helpful tricks if you use Videoscribe. Once you have used the free trial, you can opt for its paid monthly or yearly subscription.
- These whiteboard animation softwares offers an easy-to-use interface with a simple drag and drop functionality. All the features are quite straightforward to use.
- You get access to a library full of thousands of customizable images and soundtracks. The images cover a wide range of topics for you to choose from and are both paid and free. Also, you can import your own image if you don’t wish to use any from the library.
- It lets you add text to your videos. There is a huge selection of different fonts and you can select it from. You can even edit the text that you add to your videos.
- A team of professionals offer customer support along with a community that is always at your disposal
- With the Scene Animator, you can add images, text or objects to a particular scene. These can be arranged as per your requirements.
- Videoscribe allows you to export final videos to various platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- It offers more than 200 audio clips and voice overs which can be added to your videos. You can also import your own audio files using some third-party applications.
- These animation softwares also allows you to render your video in formats like AVI, MOV, PNG and WMW. Whereas you can download the video in various resolutions.
Doodly vs Videoscribe – Comparison
If you talk in terms of pricing of both the softwares, Videoscribe is the expensive option. The annual enterprise plan for Doodly is priced at $40 whereas a monthly plan for Videoscribe costs $17.50 for a single user.
An important feature that Doodly provides is the custom paths that allows importing of your images and lets the software draw over those images. Videoscribe features a camera element that allows smooth transitions between images. This facilitates creating high-quality illustrations.
On the other hand, Doodly allows the user to choose from different backgrounds for the videos. One the other hand Videoscribe offers a selection of stick up themes.
There isn’t much difference between both the animation softwares as both create engaging whiteboard animations. The difference mostly lies in the price and the interface of both the tools.
Therefore, your choice majorly depends on your requirements. If you wish to create a doodle video using stick-up themes, Videoscribe will be more suitable for you. However, if you want to create a simple whiteboard animation, then Doodly works best for it.
Powtoon requires an internet connection to function as the software is cloud-based. With an extensive stock of images, music and videos, and a user-friendly interface, you can create powerful and engaging video content.
Like other softwares, Powtoon offers 2 plans – Monthly and Annual. The monthly plan is divided into Pro & Pro+. The Annual Plan is divided into Pro, Pro+ and Agency. These plans are based on a pay per export system. In a pay per export system, the user can create a specific number of videos by buying a set amount of tokens. The export price goes down as per the number of export videos that are grouped together. The price is different for each plan.
Powtoon also offers separate subscriptions for businesses. The prices for these plans range from low to high as per the requirement.
There are educational plans too. These are divided into three categories namely Student, Teacher and Classroom and costs a monthly charge of 59, 89, and 149 respectively.
- A visual communication platform that offers a wide selection of templates covering various segments such as work, education and personnel. Also, you get different aspect ratios for all the templates.
- It allows you to create a textbox for editing text easily. Powtoon also allows the user to upload their own fonts on it, if you are using the Agency plan.
- Powtoon allows its users to use media in different ways. You can add media to the templates you are using. Also, you can add your media files if you don’t prefer to use anything from the stock library.
- You can create videos in two different layouts – Quick Edit & Full Studio Mode. These can be found in the top menu bar.
- The software lets you add both a soundtrack as well as voice over to your video, as per your preference. You can also upload your own audio file. These animation softwares supports audio tracks in a variety of formats like MP3, AAC, OGG, etc.
- Powtoon offers different export options to its users. You can download your videos as PDF or PPT. Additionally, you can share the videos to your social media accounts too.
Doodly vs Powtoon
Now that you have learnt about the different features of Powtoon, let’s compare it with Doodly software.
Firstly, you need an internet connection to work on Doodly and Powtoon. These platforms don’t offer an offline version for its users. However, you can download Doodly on your computer system whereas Powtoon can be accessed online as it is stored in the Cloud.
You can create different types of animated videos using Powtoon such as cartoon animations, infographics, etc. whereas Doodly is solely dedicated to creating Whiteboard animations. This justifies the fact that Doodly offers more features than other platforms for creating Whiteboard animations.
Another important factor is their pricing which has already been talked about. Doodly offers a 30-day money back guarantee and its monthly plans are much affordable as compared to Toonly.
To conclude, all the animation softwares mentioned above are useful in various respects. Your choice will mainly depend on your requirements and the kind of project you are working on. For example, if you wish to create cartoon animations, Powtoon and Toonly are ideal options. But here we are comparing the best whiteboard animation softwares, we suggest Doodly is the best choice to opt for. Doodly software is packed with a whole lot of powerful features for making whiteboard animation videos. With Doodly, you can make your video more interesting, engaging and professional. This results in increased sales and better conversion rates.
Therefore, the above comparison will help you in choosing the right animation softwares for your project while saving your time too.
Doodly vs. Powtoon vs. Toonly vs. VideoScribe
Besides Doodly, there are other few whiteboard animation softwares available out there. Here is a comparison between Doodly, Powtoon, Toonly, VideoScribe.
Operating System: web
Application Category: video editing